PSX Extreme & Xbox Nerds Forums  
Old 03-10-2009   #11
UziMonkey

PS3 Network ID: UziMonkey

I didn't have much trouble with this battle. At first, when he's hiding at the top of the stairs, I kept trying to figure out how to get to him. His army is pretty easy to defeat, as long as you don't run out of ammo. I think I ended up with an SMG at the end (not my favorite) because that's all there was ammo left for. It's pretty tiring, an endurance match all the way through. That and having to babysit your teammate.

I think the thing I remember most about this battle was confusion. The first few times, I had no idea what I was supposed to be doing. I kill people, but they just keep coming. I see Radec's shadow, shoot him, but nothing happens. You just have to keep going, keep killing soldiers and keep shooting Radec (do you have to shoot him?) until he finally comes down to fight you.

At the door where you came in, I found a shotgun. This would be a good choice for fighting Radec. When you hear him teleport, run away form him, turn, and shoot him. It's not that difficult to do unless he teleports right next to you. I tried fighting him with a knife, but I don't think that went very well either.

I wasn't even aware this was the big boss battle until it was done. It didn't really feel like a boss battle, I half expected him to get away again.

That being said, KZ2 had a great ending. "Everything was FUBAR from the start, and everything is FUBAR at the end. War resolved nothing." I think they're trying to say something there...
UziMonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2009   #12
Zubra-Zap

PS3 Network ID: Zubra-Zap

Took me three days to get this part beat! Amazing finale none the less..

Shoulda been a Gold trophy for beating that sequence.
Old 03-12-2009   #13
psplayer

PS3 Network ID: chrizzizzippi
Send a message via AIM to psplayer

I'm still stuck at the point right after the side doors to the balcony open up. I go up and take out the flamethrower guys, and get a couple of rounds at Radec on the other side of the room with the sniper, but then some RPG dudes come out and own the sh*t out of me..
psplayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2009   #14
CH1N00K

PS3 Network ID: CH1N00K

Quote:
Originally Posted by psplayer View Post
I'm still stuck at the point right after the side doors to the balcony open up. I go up and take out the flamethrower guys, and get a couple of rounds at Radec on the other side of the room with the sniper, but then some RPG dudes come out and own the sh*t out of me..
You have to take out his "honour guard" first. That happened to me too, then I did a hail mary run and bolted up the stairs right after the doors opened. Worked much better, once you're up on the balcony it's harder for the RPG's to get to you because there is more debris in the way to hid behind. I don't think any shots you take at Radec before you fight him alone matter until his guards are gone.
CH1N00K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2009   #15
psplayer

PS3 Network ID: chrizzizzippi
Send a message via AIM to psplayer

So am I just supposed to keep killing guys when I'm up there and pray I don't get blown up?
It's really almost starting to piss me off, I just play online now instead of trying
psplayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2009   #16
The Benny (Macho)
Complainer of the year

PS3 Network ID: Benny_McBoom
Xbox Live ID: Benny McBoom

The PS3 trophies guide has tips for beating him. Radec's in the Visari Palace level, right? You can search that page for Radec of Visari Palace, but this sounds like the bit you're up to:
Quote:
Checkpoint 2:
Knife everyone still alive downstairs, knife-kill the Helghast coming down the right stairs and also knife-kill the two ranged Helghast that will enter the battle from where Radec is standing. After that you will need to head up the stairs, run towards the flamer and knife him down. Run to the other end and knife that flamer aswell. Pick up the Grenade Launcher from the weapon rack and start hammering the helghan down below. When they are all dead another wave will enter with a mix of ranged and melee soldiers. The melee and sometimes ranged will get up the stairs. Make sure to blast them with the launcher, be aware though they come from both stairs. Dont enter the flaming portions of the hallway as you get hurt by the flames. If you have to, knife them do death. Its much faster than shooting with a rifle.
When this is done Radec will command Rocket Launchers to attack you. Now run as fast as you can from whatever position you were at because they are quite fast at firing, and the explosions are sure to kill you. More enemies will enter. Now, run towards the left stairs, you are safer there (still on the second floor though). When it gets safer, head down and slice the remaining Helghast with your knife, constantly moving so you dont get hit by rockets. Now get up and grab a Sniper Rifle from the weapon rack upstairs. Get to the same position (left stairs, upper level) and peek out and take out the Rocket-Men one by one, but be very careful, they spot you, they shoot.
That guide's for the hardest difficulty achievement, but should hopefully be relevant. GameFAQS also has a spoiler-free walkthrough and a Boss FAQ.
ATTENTION - Unless otherwise specified, all opinions stated in the above post should be interpreted as the personal opinions of The Benny (Macho) and not objective fact, even when said opinions are inarguably superior to all other opinions in the thread.

Stm | XB | PS | WP | FB
The Benny (Macho) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2009   #17
baseballdude_
Administrator

Wow, I finally went back to the PS3 and tried again yesterday and beat him right away (well, the first try I made a dumb mistake and died right away, the second try I came close, and I beat him really quick on the third try). I guess I just needed a break.
baseballdude_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2009   #18
UziMonkey

PS3 Network ID: UziMonkey

That scene was so tense, you probably just needed to take a little break and a deep breath.
UziMonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2009   #19
tlpn99

PS3 Network ID: tlpn99

I did that I took a break and managed to beat Radec on my first go after having a break plus it was 2.30 am and I really needed to get some sleep for work the next day lol
tlpn99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2009   #20
Chimeran92

PS3 Network ID: Chimeran92
Send a message via AIM to Chimeran92

i still can't do it, it's really annoying me....yeah i'm just venting at this point, no real contribution.
Kay: A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky dangerous animals and you know it. Fifteen hundred years ago everybody knew the Earth was the center of the universe. Five hundred years ago, everybody knew the Earth was flat, and fifteen minutes ago, you knew that humans were alone on this planet. Imagine what you'll know tomorrow.
Chimeran92 is offline   Reply With Quote