PSX Extreme & Xbox Nerds Forums  

Go Back   PSX Extreme & Xbox Nerds Forums > Gaming Forums > PlayStation 3

Old 04-08-2010   #1
Ben D.
Ramza's Long Lost Brother

PS3 Network ID: fathoms
Default Official Final Fantasy XIII Discussion Thread

I Figure we can use one. Also, feel free to start such topics for super big releases in the future.

Here, post updates, questions and commentary. And I'll start-

***MINOR SPOILERS***

I'm about 51 hours in now; I just beat the Primarch for the second time. It's what I assume to be the end of Chapter 11 and I'm not entirely sure what to do next. I suppose I could advance because I know I can go back but is there anything else I can do before leaving? And where might there be a good place to farm up Gil and Crystogen points? I've done most all the Hunts I could find; the only one I couldn't do was the Gigantuar. Oh, and I want the ultimate weapons for my team (Lightning, Hope, Fang).

Obviously, I want to get myself super powerful before finishing the game, as I do with most every FF. For the record, FFXIII is my least favorite in the series but I still have fun, so...might as well do what I normally do.

"Small minds are interested in the extraordinary, great minds in the commonplace."
-- Elbert Hubbard

Last edited by Ben D.; 04-08-2010 at 08:50 PM.
Ben D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2010   #2
TheWorldEnds
WithMe

PS3 Network ID: DonovanTheICEMAN
Send a message via AIM to TheWorldEnds

You will have fun pounding away at what goes on in Chapter 12 and 13, I was amped up the whole time. I didn't bother to get all the best weapons since the upgrading system was a pain and there was never enough money in the game to do what I wanted.

The mystery is that you don't even get to Crystarium expansion LV5 until you are already halfway through the final battle and there is no chance to advance into it. So I guess it's there so you can pick up your old save and then fight your way back to go finish all your missions or something.

I'm trying not to give anything away here but I do have a major complaint aside from all the typical ones (towns, shops, NPCs), unlike all the big FF's before it, this one didn't have a tasty bit after the credits! You HAVE to have that!

Before the game released I thought I would hate Sazh, but he turned out to be my favorite character. Vanille of course was the tastiest. All in all, for what it lacks, I give it a solid 8.0. SE needs to get back to its roots, or "purge" Enix and become Squaresoft again. Either way they need a new "focus." That's not to say it wasn't good times, but well you all know how I feel by now.

"The spoken word perishes, the written word remains."

TheWorldEnds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2010   #3
OverlordZero

PS3 Network ID: SilentMurder

About the best way to lvl up would probably be killin the Adamantoise. 40000 CP(80000) if you got the growth egg from Mission 55(its on a roof in Oerba). For the Ultimate Weapons you need to use a Trapahedron on a teir 2 weapon
ex Lionheart-> Ultima Weapon ->Omega Weapon (Lightnings)
Trapahedron is a rare drop from the Adamantoise and Adamtortoise. Any weapon can become an Ultimate weapon plus the ability carries over. Not all of the Ultimate Weapons for a Character will have the same atk and mag. For example an Omega Weapon made froman evolved Lionheart will differ from an Omega Weapon made from an evolved Blaze Edge (Helter Skelter is Blaze Edges Tier Two i think).
You can buy Trapahedron for 2 million gil but i was never able to amass that amount of money ... or any amount of Gil for that matter. For killin the Adamantoise i just used the summon(automatically takes out the legs) then spam death some may call it cheap but it works.
All ive got left in 13 is some hunts i was doing before being pulled away by Yakuza 3.

Last edited by OverlordZero; 04-11-2010 at 02:00 AM. Reason: Spelling
OverlordZero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2010   #4
Ben D.
Ramza's Long Lost Brother

PS3 Network ID: fathoms

Quote:
Originally Posted by OverlordZero View Post
About the best way to lvl up would probably be killin the Adamantoise. 40000 CP(80000) if you got the growth egg from Mission 55(its on a roof in Oerba). For the Ultimate Weapons you need to use a Trapahedron on a teir 2 weapon
ex Lionheart-> Ultima Weapon ->Omega Weapon (Lightnings)
Trapahedron is a rare drop from the Adamantoise and Adamtortoise. Any weapon can become an Ultimate weapon plus the ability carries over. Not all of the Ultimate Weapons for a Character will have the same atk and mag. For example an Omega Weapon made froman evolved Lionheart will differ from an Omega Weapon made from an evolved Blaze Edge (Helter Skelter is Blaze Edges Tier Two i think).
You can buy Trapahedron for 2 million gil but i was never able to amass that amount of money ... or any amount of Gil for that matter. For killin the Adamantoise i just used the summon(automatically takes out the legs) then spam death some may call it cheap but it works.
All ive got left in 13 is some hunts i was doing before being pulled away by Yakuza 3.
Yeah, well, I think Vanille is the only one who has Death and she's not in my party...but I guess I can put her in to take down the Adamantoise. But aren't there two different kinds of those things? One I can kill relatively easily but the other - which appears identical - basically kills me instantly in one stomp.

"Small minds are interested in the extraordinary, great minds in the commonplace."
-- Elbert Hubbard
Ben D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2010   #5
Sir Shak

PS3 Network ID: shak_4

As I said before (but the forum seems to have lost my post) , this doesn't need to be a sticky as it is not of general importance . Also , doesn't belong in the PS3 section .
Sir Shak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2010   #6
The Benny (Macho)
Complainer of the year

PS3 Network ID: Benny_McBoom
Xbox Live ID: Benny McBoom

It's actually fairly surprising that a new Final Fantasy game has come out and people seem to have so little to say about it (especially considering how much was said about it before launch). Normally it feels like a big event. For those who have played it, do you think the game is going to end up being largely forgettable, sort of an unfortunate misstep in the series? Assuming this isn't going to be the standard for the series going forward, of course.
ATTENTION - Unless otherwise specified, all opinions stated in the above post should be interpreted as the personal opinions of The Benny (Macho) and not objective fact, even when said opinions are inarguably superior to all other opinions in the thread.

Stm | XB | PS | WP | FB
The Benny (Macho) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2010   #7
OverlordZero

PS3 Network ID: SilentMurder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben D. View Post
Yeah, well, I think Vanille is the only one who has Death and she's not in my party...but I guess I can put her in to take down the Adamantoise. But aren't there two different kinds of those things? One I can kill relatively easily but the other - which appears identical - basically kills me instantly in one stomp.
Yeah unfortunately Vanille is the only Character with Death my normal group is Fang Hope and Snow i usually swap out Snow for Vanille. The ones il talkin about are the ones that can 1 hit you. Summon Vanilles Ediolion(Cant spell Hecaton.. screw it) and the big ones fall then just spam death. sometimes you kill them sometimes you dont it shouldnt take anymore than 2 or 3 tries. Haste also helps alot.
Old 04-13-2010   #8
Soultaker

PS3 Network ID: Soultaker13

is it true the 360 version has FFXIII DLC like japanese voice overs??
Old 04-13-2010   #9
The Benny (Macho)
Complainer of the year

PS3 Network ID: Benny_McBoom
Xbox Live ID: Benny McBoom

There's no DLC on the EU or US Marketplaces and I've not heard anything about it.
ATTENTION - Unless otherwise specified, all opinions stated in the above post should be interpreted as the personal opinions of The Benny (Macho) and not objective fact, even when said opinions are inarguably superior to all other opinions in the thread.

Stm | XB | PS | WP | FB

Last edited by The Benny (Macho); 04-13-2010 at 07:31 PM. Reason: Bah! on/no typo
The Benny (Macho) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2010   #10
BlinkBoy

PS3 Network ID: BlinkBoy
Send a message via AIM to BlinkBoy Send a message via MSN to BlinkBoy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben D. View Post

I manage to kill the Adamantoises with Death spell on Vanille.

My party is Vanille (sab), Fang(sab), Sazh(syn)

The first thing you must do when battle begins is making Vanille summon Hecatoncheir, the instant you summon the toises legs will break and it will fall down. Now cast Deshell so you lower its magic defenses. Do not engage Gestalt mode as it is just waste of time you could be spending casting Death. Just have the Hecatoncheir fight along side you.

Now Spam the death spell as much as you can. When Hecatoncheir time runs out your allies will return and Fang will keep debuffing the enemy while Sazh will boost your stats.

I have Speed shoes on Vanille that gives Auto-Haste which in these fights works well, the haste runs out just as Fang and Sazh returns.

I am sticking to Chapter 11 until I have maxed enough. It can be a bit tedious running around regaining the required 3 or more TP for this method.

Xenogears vs Xenogears-ID

Now Playing:
  • PS3: White Knight Chronicles 2
  • Wii: Xenoblade Chronicle
  • Where did all these Chronicles come from?
BlinkBoy is offline   Reply With Quote