PSX Extreme & Xbox Nerds Forums  

Go Back   PSX Extreme & Xbox Nerds Forums > Gaming Forums > PlayStation 3

Old 07-07-2009   #1
nook5733

PS3 Network ID: nook5733
Default what is the best method for cleaning ps3 game disc ??

can i use clothes design for cleaning lcd monitor ?? im afraid it might scratch the disc =="
nook5733 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2009   #2
BlinkBoy

PS3 Network ID: BlinkBoy
Send a message via AIM to BlinkBoy Send a message via MSN to BlinkBoy

The blu ray discs seems to be pretty solid and scratch proof, simple soap and water should be good enough, since it is stains on the disc that can hinder the lens to read the data.

Xenogears vs Xenogears-ID

Now Playing:
  • PS3: White Knight Chronicles 2
  • Wii: Xenoblade Chronicle
  • Where did all these Chronicles come from?
BlinkBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2009   #3
Darth Koth

PS3 Network ID: DarthKoth

blu rays are the weakest sort of disc, the slightest mark can stop them reading.
yeah a microfibre cloth for LCD TVs and even the same fluid will do the job nicely, I have a gel spray for my TV that works well on discs, if it won't harm an LCD TV it will be fine with discs, take as much care as possible

Darth Koth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2009   #4
SHADOW

PS3 Network ID: SHADOWsoldier-

If it's just fingerprints and stuff, use whatever u want, paper towels, newspaper, cloth, the discs are virtually scratch proof. If you are trying the clean up something that spilled on it I would suggest the least abrasive soap you can find and just use that plus water.

SHADOW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2009   #5
bOnEs

PS3 Network ID: artistadam

i use my my t-shirt to clean off my game discs, lol... but then again, i don't usually have anything more than fingerprints and dust on my game discs...
Old 07-08-2009   #6
Ricochet

I know how to take care of my CD's (yes they still work till this very day). Blu-ray is the easiest to maintain out of all the bunch, just a normal cloth would work fine but I tend to NEVER clean my discs at all (cause I maintain them properly )
Ricochet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2009   #7
nook5733

PS3 Network ID: nook5733

hmm well thanks for all the answer guys and well @ ricochet hmm i always handle my disc very carefully too but well sometimes get on it so well im just asking in order to figure out what kind of clothes i should use for cleaning some dust of my game disc
nook5733 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2009   #8
LowKey

PS3 Network ID: LowKeytheMan, Mr_Low_Key
Send a message via MSN to LowKey

I wonder how someone would manage to scratch a PS3 game disc.. I bought UT3 used from EB Games, the the disc was absolutely mangled, I couldn't believe it, So I took it back and got another disc and the second disc was also scratched. All I could think of was, "How in thee hell, do you manage that?" I dropped my COD 4 disc on a sandy floor, fumbled with it while trying not to scratch it. it dragged across the floor a bit (you know what happens to a PS2 disc whan that happens), and Still there wasn't a single scratch on it. I thought there was but it was just a hair. This happened with the same disc twice and still no scratch.
LowKey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2009   #9
Darth Koth

PS3 Network ID: DarthKoth

Quote:
Originally Posted by LowKey View Post
I wonder how someone would manage to scratch a PS3 game disc.. I bought UT3 used from EB Games, the the disc was absolutely mangled, I couldn't believe it, So I took it back and got another disc and the second disc was also scratched. All I could think of was, "How in thee hell, do you manage that?" I dropped my COD 4 disc on a sandy floor, fumbled with it while trying not to scratch it. it dragged across the floor a bit (you know what happens to a PS2 disc whan that happens), and Still there wasn't a single scratch on it. I thought there was but it was just a hair. This happened with the same disc twice and still no scratch.
I know right, Ive always said theres no reason to touch the underside of a disc, I just don't know how it happends

Darth Koth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2009   #10
Ricochet

Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by nook5733 View Post
hmm well thanks for all the answer guys and well @ ricochet hmm i always handle my disc very carefully too but well sometimes get on it so well im just asking in order to figure out what kind of clothes i should use for cleaning some dust of my game disc
I was told from the beginning that cleaning the CD's that time would ruin the data on disc, I was naive back then but I always am reluctant to do such a thing to my disc and that trait exists till this very day (BTW, my PSX games still work like a charm and they were never cleaned).

Back to the main issue, I think a soft type t-shirt type material is the best to clean discs, if you're not using the T-shirt, just a small part and use that as cleaning material.
Ricochet is offline   Reply With Quote